This wonderful fashion editorial made me think of the mood behind it, perhaps some hidden thoughts, secrets are going on. What is this woman telling us? Then I’ve found a text in the Kama Sutra which I thought would fit the images by Mario Sorrenti for the June/July Vogue Paris.
According to the Kama Sutra a woman always shows her love by certain outwards signs and actions, such as the following:
- She never looks the man in the face; she acts abashed when he looks at her.
- Under some pretext or other she lets him get a glimpse of her arms and legs.
- She secretly peeks at him though he has gone away from her side, hangs her head when she is asked some question by him, and answers with indistinct words and unfinished sentences.
- When he is at a distance, she talks to her friends in such a way as to attract his attention.
- She avoids being seen by him when she isn’t dressed with her make-up on.
- She spend long hours in his company.
- She confides in his friends, acting amiable and kind towards them, and listening closely when they talk about him. (Deepak Chopra: Kama Sutra)
It seems to me that women from the times of the Kama Sutra did not differ from us, contemporary women that much after all. Several points from above rings a bell, and even though being in love might have not been the case every time, but it was certainly a part of the “hunting games”.
QUESTION: WHAT IS/WAS YOUR MOVE?