Love supposed to be the most powerful spiritual experience that most of us will have in our lifetimes. So, what does it feel like? How does it change us? According to the Kama Sutra some of the answers are the following:
- You feel accepted and understood.
- You feel more complete, as if an invisible presence is filling you up.
- You imagine that you can do anything – life is suddenly open to all possibilities.
- You experience ecstasy in ordinary things: a glance, the touch of a hand, light falling on your beloved’s face.
- Your self is expanded far beyond the petty limitations that were so confining before you fell in love.
There are many more shifts in awareness that lovers experience, and these are not at all limited “just” for the lovers. It applies to love in general, when you love your life, your family, but most importantly when you finally start loving yourself.
QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO THIS LIST?
Marie Claire Italy May 2014
Photographer: David Bellemere
Stylist: Elisbetta Massari
Model: Barbara Palvin