I’ve been reading the Kama Sutra lately, a book linking pleasure and virtue, a manual for lovemaking, and an inspiring spiritual text. Sometimes it makes me smile, sometimes it makes me go like “wow, wait a minute, what do you mean”, other times it makes me reflect on life. It depicts sexuality in its every aspect, regarding carnality as a divine attribute of one’s path. Here’s a section I found interesting and perhaps a little bizarre at first sight, then I realized that this book is actually meant to analyze and act like a marital aid. It is more contemporary than you might believe it is. Originally there are 24 reasons why a married woman might turn down the advances of another man. I picked 10 of them, which are mentioned of Deepak Chopra’s re-interpretation of the Kama Sutra. The images are from the April’s edition of Vogue Australia – I thought they go well with the nature of this post. (Photographer: Gilles Bensimon; Stylist: Christine Centenera; Model: Abbey Lee Kershaw)
THE 10 REASONS:
- She still has affection for her husband
- She wants her children to be born in wedlock
- She lacks the right opportunity
- She feels offended by the man coming on too familiarly
- She thinks she is above or below the man socially
- She fears that he will run away
- She thinks that he is too attached to his male friends
- She suspects that his intentions aren’t serious
- She fears they will be discovered
- She just wants to remain friends
QUESTION: WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REASON?
If you liked my post and blog, please nominate me for the BEST INTERNATIONAL BLOGGER at the Company Magazine’s blogger award. You can do so following this link: http://www.company.co.uk/magazine-hq/company-style-blogger-awards-2014
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!